- Local backcountry skier caught in avalanche in Granite
- Oh Reverend,Where Art Thou?
- THIS WEEK: March 5-12, 2014
- MUSIC BOX: Get some legendary Bishop blues
- HIGH ART: Spray paint sensibility at The Rose
- PROPS & DISSES: 3.5.14
- FEATURE STORY: Sparking Inspiration
- THIS WEEK: FEBRUARY 26 to MARCH 4
- MUSIC BOX: Happy Mardi Gras from Jackson Six
- GET OUT: Ghost homestead in Bryan Flats
Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour
VARD hosts Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour and Seminar,
November 9th & November 19th(Driggs, ID) – Thanks to grants from Protect Our Winters and the Community Foundation of Teton Valley, Valley Advocates for Responsible Development will be hosting a Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour and Seminar. During this series, VARD will explain various tools that homeowners and communities can employ to ensure that planning carefully considers environmental, economic, and social impacts to the community (i.e., wildlife habitat, water, air, recreational, and scenic resources, open space, safety, etc.).
Beginning on Saturday, November 9th, from 9am-1pm, VARD will host a Sustainable Homes Tour that introduces participants to the wide variety of sustainable building and construction models located in Teton Valley. During the tour, VARD will take participants to 4-5 homes in Teton Valley that utilize ‘green building’ and energy efficiency designs. We’ll tour rural properties with conservation easements, off-the-grid properties, and in-town, resource efficient properties. The tour is limited to 16 participants, and advanced registration is required by noon on Friday, November 8th. Call 208-354-1707 or email [email protected]; $10 per person; lunch and refreshments will be provided.