- ELECTION 2014: Mayoral candidates talk valley’s big issues
- The mayor’s last word
- ELECTION 2014: Candidates for county commissioners
- MUSIC BOX: Ghoulish beats and bashes
- ELECTION 2014: Don’t sleep on HD 22 race
- ELECTION 2014: House 23 candidates talk recent bills
- GET OUT: Autumn dance atop the Tetons
- FEED ME: Plane goodness in Denver
- PULSE ON POLITICS
- OPINION: Not all desire an Equality State
Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour
VARD hosts Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour and Seminar,
November 9th & November 19th(Driggs, ID) – Thanks to grants from Protect Our Winters and the Community Foundation of Teton Valley, Valley Advocates for Responsible Development will be hosting a Teton Valley Sustainable Homes Tour and Seminar. During this series, VARD will explain various tools that homeowners and communities can employ to ensure that planning carefully considers environmental, economic, and social impacts to the community (i.e., wildlife habitat, water, air, recreational, and scenic resources, open space, safety, etc.).
Beginning on Saturday, November 9th, from 9am-1pm, VARD will host a Sustainable Homes Tour that introduces participants to the wide variety of sustainable building and construction models located in Teton Valley. During the tour, VARD will take participants to 4-5 homes in Teton Valley that utilize ‘green building’ and energy efficiency designs. We’ll tour rural properties with conservation easements, off-the-grid properties, and in-town, resource efficient properties. The tour is limited to 16 participants, and advanced registration is required by noon on Friday, November 8th. Call 208-354-1707 or email [email protected]; $10 per person; lunch and refreshments will be provided.