- Film series rides French New Wave
- WyoFile special: Who bankrolls Wyo.’s top-funded primary candidates?
- MUSIC BOX
- Author talks richness of the road
- Primary election results
- Snapped in JH: Power of Place awarded to Manuel Lopez
- School bombshell – Carney surrenders chair, possibly board position
- FEED ME: Finally, Rose food matches drinks
- MUSIC BOX: Shorty, swagger and a celebration of life
- Commissioner candidates galore
Food Writing Workshop
Food Writing Workshop at the library with Annie Fenn
December 4 &11
Join local food writer and jacksonholefoodie.com blogger Annie Fenn for a fun and informative workshop about food writing. Students will study selected readings from food memoirs and popular food blogs to learn about “voice’, or how to bring out the writer’s unique personality.
Using props such as home baked treats, students will learn how to write descriptive food passages, food poems, and restaurant reviews. They will learn to rid their writing of clichés, how to create suspense, and how to describe food actively and enticingly.
The class will focus on clear and concise recipe writing, how to self-publish a cookbook or a blog, and how to adapt a recipe as one’s own.
Students will work independently on a piece of food writing to share during the last session. Novice writers are welcome and encouraged to attend; a love of food and food literature is the only prerequisite for this fun and interactive workshop.
Space for this free workshop at the library is limited, sign-up at: [email protected]