- PULSE ON POLITICS
- OPINION: Not all desire an Equality State
- MUSIC BOX: Spooner brings Fireflies, keys
- GET OUT: A last hurrah before the frost
- CULTURE FRONT: As important as hospitals and highways
- CD REVIEW: Shelley & Kelly, Retroactive
- More than just Pretty Faces
- THIS WEEK: OCT. 15 – 21
- DEAR ROCKY LOVE: Prepare for casual sex
- PROPS & DISSES
Food Writing Workshop
Food Writing Workshop at the library with Annie Fenn
December 4 &11
Join local food writer and jacksonholefoodie.com blogger Annie Fenn for a fun and informative workshop about food writing. Students will study selected readings from food memoirs and popular food blogs to learn about “voice’, or how to bring out the writer’s unique personality.
Using props such as home baked treats, students will learn how to write descriptive food passages, food poems, and restaurant reviews. They will learn to rid their writing of clichés, how to create suspense, and how to describe food actively and enticingly.
The class will focus on clear and concise recipe writing, how to self-publish a cookbook or a blog, and how to adapt a recipe as one’s own.
Students will work independently on a piece of food writing to share during the last session. Novice writers are welcome and encouraged to attend; a love of food and food literature is the only prerequisite for this fun and interactive workshop.
Space for this free workshop at the library is limited, sign-up at: [email protected]