- Preserving Yellowstone
- CULTURE FRONT: Winter art season takes flight
- GET OUT: Desert dose before the snow
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Casualties of Ambition
- PROPS & DISSES
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Chisler 348 death causes outrage
- MUSIC BOX: Days of digital free ride may be over
- THIS WEEK: Nov. 19-25
- Models of Diplomacy
Snapped! in Jackson Hole
Photos and words by Carly Mitchell
Jackson Hole, Wyoming – These photos are a juxtaposition of two parades, Jackson Hole’s 4th of July Parade and the 2014 San Francisco Transmarch, during LGBT Pride weekend. Along with the apparent contrast, the photos are coupled together to show similarity and ambiguity of story, emotion and shape shared in both heteronormative and gender queer society.
Carly Mitchell is a gender fluid queer who works as an industrial designer, photographer and certified arborist.