- Best of Jackson Hole 2015 Reader’s Choice Poll
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: EDITOR’S CHOICE
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: MEET SOME READERS’ CHOICE WINNERS
- WELL THAT HAPPENED: Dammit! Kimmy Schmidt is the New Liz Lemon
- FOODIE FEATURE: Your farm to shelf grocer
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Islanders banned from Cache Creek
- PROPS & DISSES
- NATURAL MEDICINE: Heal your brain with omega-3s
- MUSIC BOX: TV on the Radio: Imaginative as the name
MUSIC BOX: Growling from the Dennison
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Playing tight yet relaxed with a musical partner can be the ultimate challenge in performing acoustic music. Growling Old Men – the acoustic duo of Ben Winship (mandolin family, vocals) and John Lowell (guitar, vocals) – unobtrusively attain this vibe, digging into bluegrass, ballads and instrumentals that are harvested as much from the music of the Appalachian hills as the Western plains. The duo has released a quartet of albums that showcase stellar instrumental playing and a knack for storytelling: Growling Old Men (1998) Occupational Hazards (2005), Shuttle Diplomacy (2008), and Chicken Feed & Baling Twine (2013).
Growling Old Men will perform at a fairly new upstart music series in Dubois, “Live from the Dennison Lodge,” in an iconic ranch cabin in the high country. The series is accompanied by full-scale film and audio production, aimed at broadcasting its concerts on Wyoming PBS.
Growling Old Men, 7 p.m. on Thursday Live from the Dennison Lodge in Dubois. $15. 307-200-9190.