- MUSIC BOX: Jackson turns 100, Skynyrd turns 40
- GET OUT: Equal exposure in the Equality State
- Ice Bucket Challenge met locally
- CULTURE FRONT: Wallis returns to da streets
- Power to the pedestrian
- Don’t Ask Me No Questions
- Film series rides French New Wave
- WyoFile special: Who bankrolls Wyo.’s top-funded primary candidates?
- MUSIC BOX
- Author talks richness of the road
Skier fatality at JHMR
TETON VILLAGE, WYO – A skier was fatally injured today at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, according to a press release issued this afternoon by JHMR. Around 10:20 a.m., 31-year-old part-time resident Peiter Swanson suffered serious trauma from a fall while he was skiing the “Pair-a-Chutes,” north of the Cirque. Jackson Hole Ski Patrol arrived on the scene and performed life support efforts, the release stated, and the victim was transported to St. John’s Clinic at Teton Village. He was pronounced dead at 11:06 a.m., according to the release.
A joint investigation is underway by JHRM ski patrol, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office and the Teton County Coroner’s Office.