- MUSIC BOX: Soul and country coming to the Hole
- FEATURE STORY: For Rent? Forget it! Housing crisis hits home hard
- THE BUZZ: Housing Summit high on hope…low on inventory, funding
- Cosmic Cafe: Ready to let go of trying to fix other people?
- The Foodie File: Putting Up Morels
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: WEEK OF MAY 27
- GET OUT: LSR offers indoor and outdoor adventures
- TRANSIT UNLIMITED
- GET OUT: Signal Mountain has history, views, nachos
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The Golden Age of Women
Skier fatality at JHMR
TETON VILLAGE, WYO – A skier was fatally injured today at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, according to a press release issued this afternoon by JHMR. Around 10:20 a.m., 31-year-old part-time resident Peiter Swanson suffered serious trauma from a fall while he was skiing the “Pair-a-Chutes,” north of the Cirque. Jackson Hole Ski Patrol arrived on the scene and performed life support efforts, the release stated, and the victim was transported to St. John’s Clinic at Teton Village. He was pronounced dead at 11:06 a.m., according to the release.
A joint investigation is underway by JHRM ski patrol, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office and the Teton County Coroner’s Office.