- ELECTION 2014: Mayoral candidates talk valley’s big issues
- The mayor’s last word
- ELECTION 2014: Candidates for county commissioners
- MUSIC BOX: Ghoulish beats and bashes
- ELECTION 2014: Don’t sleep on HD 22 race
- ELECTION 2014: House 23 candidates talk recent bills
- GET OUT: Autumn dance atop the Tetons
- FEED ME: Plane goodness in Denver
- PULSE ON POLITICS
- OPINION: Not all desire an Equality State
Skier fatality at JHMR
TETON VILLAGE, WYO – A skier was fatally injured today at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, according to a press release issued this afternoon by JHMR. Around 10:20 a.m., 31-year-old part-time resident Peiter Swanson suffered serious trauma from a fall while he was skiing the “Pair-a-Chutes,” north of the Cirque. Jackson Hole Ski Patrol arrived on the scene and performed life support efforts, the release stated, and the victim was transported to St. John’s Clinic at Teton Village. He was pronounced dead at 11:06 a.m., according to the release.
A joint investigation is underway by JHRM ski patrol, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office and the Teton County Coroner’s Office.