- GUEST OPINION: The Will for Moose-Wilson
- FEATURE: Letters to the Future
- THE BUZZ: Moose-Wilson Road Hogs
- THEM ON US
- GET OUT: Silencing the Storm
- MUSIC BOX: Resorts Represent, Afroman Returns
- CREATIVE PEAKS: The War on Wild
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Murders Up North, There
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Six Shooters and Ten Pins
- THE FOODIE FILES: The Bad News About Bacon
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.