- MUSIC BOX: Soul and country coming to the Hole
- FEATURE STORY: For Rent? Forget it! Housing crisis hits home hard
- THE BUZZ: Housing Summit high on hope…low on inventory, funding
- Cosmic Cafe: Ready to let go of trying to fix other people?
- The Foodie File: Putting Up Morels
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: WEEK OF MAY 27
- GET OUT: LSR offers indoor and outdoor adventures
- TRANSIT UNLIMITED
- GET OUT: Signal Mountain has history, views, nachos
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The Golden Age of Women
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.