- Preserving Yellowstone
- CULTURE FRONT: Winter art season takes flight
- GET OUT: Desert dose before the snow
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Casualties of Ambition
- PROPS & DISSES
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Chisler 348 death causes outrage
- MUSIC BOX: Days of digital free ride may be over
- THIS WEEK: Nov. 19-25
- Models of Diplomacy
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.