- MUSIC BOX: Jackson turns 100, Skynyrd turns 40
- GET OUT: Equal exposure in the Equality State
- Ice Bucket Challenge met locally
- CULTURE FRONT: Wallis returns to da streets
- Power to the pedestrian
- Don’t Ask Me No Questions
- Film series rides French New Wave
- WyoFile special: Who bankrolls Wyo.’s top-funded primary candidates?
- MUSIC BOX
- Author talks richness of the road
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.