- Democrats forward three to BCC
- MUSIC BOX: Honkytonk and Ferris wheels
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Cowboy State cool
- MOVE: Big Apple ballet
- GET OUT: Mud, snakes and slides
- THE BUZZ: The faces of Blair
- FEATURE: Amazing Adaption
- Pete Muldoon announces candidacy for commissioner
- FEATURE: Evolutionary Cycle
- MUSIC BOX: Women rule Targhee Fest
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.