- FEATURE: The Path to Ruins, Burgeoning author Andrew Munz hunts down Jess Walter
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Dear writers: Dream big
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: Fur and loathing in the airport
- GET OUT: King keeps it simple and light
- CULTURE FRONT: New life in the lab
- MUSIC BOX: Go to Therapy with The New Mastersounds
- THIS WEEK: JANUARY 21-27
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Q: Am I an old soul or a new soul?
- Hooters rumor a bust
Avalanche claims one
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – A 29-year-old man was killed on Pucker Face this afternoon after a slide buried him at about 1:00 p.m. Mike Kazanjy was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:30 p.m.
Friends, witnesses and ski patrollers responded quickly and locked onto Kazanjy’s transceiver. Kazanjy was dug out but it was too late. Cause of death is pending investigation by the county examiner but Kazanjy is believed to have been killed immediately.
Kazanjy split time between San Francisco and Jackson. Press releases state Kazanjy was snowboarding at the time but several bloggers claim he was strictly a skier – an observation The Planet is inclined to believe.
Pucker Face is a challenging and popular slope just outside the ski boundary of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.