- TRANSIT UNLIMITED
- GET OUT: Signal Mountain has history, views, nachos
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The Golden Age of Women
- MUSIC BOX: Silver Dollar Bar shines with makeover
- FEED ME! The Pub still has it
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: WEEK OF MAY 21, 2015
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Do you know how the earthquakes in Nepal invisibly affect everyone on Earth?
- BUZZ: The Wort’s expansion comes full circle
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: A guide to driving your kids nuts
BOOK REVIEW: In the Shadows of the Tetons
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Just in time for Christmas and hot on the heels of their designation as 2013 Firm of the Year by AIA Western Mountain Region, comes a coffee table book release featuring the work of Ward + Blake Architects. The 265-page, horizontally-oriented book is published by ORO Editions, noted fine art publishers of architecture, art, and design.
In the Shadows of the Tetons features stunning photographs of Ward + Blake designs throughout the region and beyond. Noteworthy residential, institutional and commercial buildings are highlighted through the lens work of Jackson-based Ed Riddell in addition to shots from top architectural photographers including Paul Warchol of New York; Roger Wade of Montana; and Colorado-based Douglas Kahn, a former practicing New York City architect.
Ward + Blake’s style is instantly recognized. Their dramatic structures often strike a comfortable interrelation with Western landscape settings.
“It’s very rewarding to see the compilation of our hallmark projects in one book,” Tom Ward stated in a prepared release. Ward is a principle with the 17-year-old Jackson Hole firm. “It’s exciting to have those projects represented through the work of such talented photographers and book designers.”
Don’t miss the book signing release party at Valley Books this Saturday. Copies will be available for $60.