Mountain High Pizza loses lease

By on October 20, 2013

Mountain High PizzaJACKSON HOLE, WYO – Planet JH was able to confirm Mountain High Pizza has closed its doors after 33 years in business in downtown Jackson. A Mountain High employee who did not wish to be identified said the closure came as a result of a landlord-tenant dispute. A new lease could not be renegotiated, according to the employee.

Attempts to reach Mountain High co-owner Bill Field and landlord Charlie Sands were unsuccessful.

About Jake Nichols

Jake is a work in progress.

7 Comments

1. Harkin

October 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Sounds like it was time to close up shop anyway. After 33 years, it’s had a nice run.

2. Lindstom

October 21, 2013 at 11:11 am

Agreed with ^^^. I haven’t had a slice of pizza there in probably 20 years. Apparently I did not miss it.

Now Greg Prugh can have the opportunity to put up a steel-corrugated Dynia Box in its place.

3. Bob

October 21, 2013 at 8:12 pm

That’s sad to hear. Instead of having something that serves locals and tourists alike, I bet it will be replace with something only for the rich. A real estate office or art gallery. Those places that are ruining the center of town.

4. Liz

October 21, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Haven’t eaten their pies since the late 90’s.

I make my own and they are full of calories and tasty. They’re dripping in quality cheese and virgin olive oil and rich tomato sauce and fresh toppings atop a medium fire-baked crust with thick edges of fluffy dough.

Many new pizza joints cater to the anorexic pizza lover – the diet pie, the healthy pie, the pie with no taste and almost no dough or toppings.

Perhaps Jackson has too many pizza joints. I predict the Pizza Antica is next on the chopping block. Can’t they use an original name?

5. carolyn

October 22, 2013 at 10:00 am

Only went there once in all my years and was very disappointed – no flavor – and was shocked they were still in business. Good location I guess. But, I disagree with Liz – Caldera and Pinky G’s are both right around the corer serve full-fat, tasty and unique pizzas. C’mon, Pinky G’s Sausage King (Abe Froman) is the bomb! Sounds like Mtn High couldn’t keep up with locals, and tourists, who want quality food.

6. Laine

November 5, 2013 at 4:24 am

This news makes me sad! I loved that place,it’s better than the other 20 pizza joints we are overrun in town w/ now..it was a favorite of mine since moving here in 2006. Sadly,the lease issue sounds like typical Jackson problems.it will probably be another real estate office now..Thats ashame,cause there are alot of locals & tourists that will miss it. No other pizza joint here compares.

7. Jeff

December 26, 2013 at 7:07 pm

We always looked forward to stopping in for a pizza when we came in to town . It was good pizza maybe not fire cooked but good all around pizza we will miss it for sure.