- GUEST OPINION: The Will for Moose-Wilson
- FEATURE: Letters to the Future
- THE BUZZ: Moose-Wilson Road Hogs
- THEM ON US
- GET OUT: Silencing the Storm
- MUSIC BOX: Resorts Represent, Afroman Returns
- CREATIVE PEAKS: The War on Wild
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Murders Up North, There
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Six Shooters and Ten Pins
- THE FOODIE FILES: The Bad News About Bacon
Improved cancer facilities for valley
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – St. John’s Medical Center is nearing completion of its new wing, which will include an obstetrics department, expanded and updated surgery facilities, and an all-new cancer/oncology area, which is scheduled to go online in late November.
SJMC’s Karen Connelly said the new Oncology Department will feature six semi-private beds which look out toward Snow King through huge, floor-to-ceiling picture windows. A close affiliation with the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake should ensure state-of-the-art therapy is available for all cancer patients.
The new facility will help St. John’s to accommodate a 43 percent increase in demand for cancer treatment since 2003, and allow patients to receive infusion services and other care closer to home. The renovation is made possible through SPET money obtained in 2010.