- Feature: Life appraised
- THE ARTS: Skeletal scenes
- MUSIC BOX: Muy caliente
- GET OUT: Open trails
- The Foodie Files: Standing on morel ground
- COSMIC CAFE: How can I ‘spring clean’ my psyche?
- Jackson, Wyo., gets Jack White
- THE BUZZ: Spreading the love one T-shirt, toothbrush at a time
- PROPS & DISSES
- MUSIC BOX: Upcoming mega music fest is labor of love
Improved cancer facilities for valley
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – St. John’s Medical Center is nearing completion of its new wing, which will include an obstetrics department, expanded and updated surgery facilities, and an all-new cancer/oncology area, which is scheduled to go online in late November.
SJMC’s Karen Connelly said the new Oncology Department will feature six semi-private beds which look out toward Snow King through huge, floor-to-ceiling picture windows. A close affiliation with the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake should ensure state-of-the-art therapy is available for all cancer patients.
The new facility will help St. John’s to accommodate a 43 percent increase in demand for cancer treatment since 2003, and allow patients to receive infusion services and other care closer to home. The renovation is made possible through SPET money obtained in 2010.