- MUSIC BOX: Crescent City Funk Party
- THE BUZZ: Lodging Flip-Flop
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Plotting Greatness
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: Summer Visitors
- THEM ON US 6.29.16
- FEATURE: How the West Was One
- Editor’s Note: Xenophobes Need Not Apply
- THE BUZZ: Tenement Tenting
- MUSIC BOX: Wyoming Songwriters Highjacked
- GET OUT: Icy Heat
Game & Fish bans motorboats on Snake
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – After taking public comment from more than 75 speakers at this morning’s meeting held at the Virginian, Wyoming Game & Fish opted to ban motors from Grand Teton National Park to Sheep Gulch, with the exception of a season for single-engine motorized watercraft no larger than 115 horsepower from the day after Labor Day to the end of March.
“Today was a huge victory for the river community in Jackson Hole,” said Rebecca Reimers, executive director of the Snake River Fund, in a statement prepared after the daylong deliberations. “You have reason to celebrate. From the Snake River Fund, a sincere thank you for all of the hard work and efforts around this issue. Your voice made a difference today.”
Testimonials from local and state elected officials, guides, outfitters, instructors, private users, landowners, hunters, anglers, and non-profit representatives were all opposed to an increase in motorized use on the Snake River.
[youtube id=”m_fgrzEpFbc” width=”620″ height=”360″]