- FEED ME: New chef reignites Haydens Post
- Hole Food Rescue extends its shelf life
- TGR fuels pow hounds with world premiere
- THEM ON US
- New McDonald’s farm
- GALLOPING GRANDMA: Is that art? If you say so
- Human remains in Cache Creek identified
- From buses to bomb shelters
- MUSIC BOX: Crying ‘Tennessee Tears’ in Jackson Hole
- A bright light goes dim
Murder in Mosquito Creek
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Investigators are continuing their search for clues in the case of a badly decomposed body recovered in the Mosquito Creek drainage on Thursday. Authorities were alerted after a backcountry user stumbled upon the body about two miles in on Mosquito Creek Road.
The victim is believed to be male but age or other details could not be immediately determined because of the state of decay of the body. Death likely occurred weeks ago, investigators said.
Undersheriff Bob Gilliam and Sheriff Jim Whalen, who arrived on-scene later in the day, said certain aspects of the crime scene lead them to believe the death is not a suicide and is being investigated as a homicide. They did not elaborate.