- ELECTION 2014: Mayoral candidates talk valley’s big issues
- The mayor’s last word
- ELECTION 2014: Candidates for county commissioners
- MUSIC BOX: Ghoulish beats and bashes
- ELECTION 2014: Don’t sleep on HD 22 race
- ELECTION 2014: House 23 candidates talk recent bills
- GET OUT: Autumn dance atop the Tetons
- FEED ME: Plane goodness in Denver
- PULSE ON POLITICS
- OPINION: Not all desire an Equality State
Murder in Mosquito Creek
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Investigators are continuing their search for clues in the case of a badly decomposed body recovered in the Mosquito Creek drainage on Thursday. Authorities were alerted after a backcountry user stumbled upon the body about two miles in on Mosquito Creek Road.
The victim is believed to be male but age or other details could not be immediately determined because of the state of decay of the body. Death likely occurred weeks ago, investigators said.
Undersheriff Bob Gilliam and Sheriff Jim Whalen, who arrived on-scene later in the day, said certain aspects of the crime scene lead them to believe the death is not a suicide and is being investigated as a homicide. They did not elaborate.