- GET OUT: Picnic pleasures
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Dogs over democracy?
- THE BUZZ: Homestead Act II
- FEATURE: Craighead’s Water World
- THE BUZZ: The Beautiful struggle
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Time and spaces
- MUSIC BOX: Finest tunes
- THE FOODIE FILES: Centenarian secrets
- THE BUZZ: Teewinot claims two
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Island economics
Murder in Mosquito Creek
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Investigators are continuing their search for clues in the case of a badly decomposed body recovered in the Mosquito Creek drainage on Thursday. Authorities were alerted after a backcountry user stumbled upon the body about two miles in on Mosquito Creek Road.
The victim is believed to be male but age or other details could not be immediately determined because of the state of decay of the body. Death likely occurred weeks ago, investigators said.
Undersheriff Bob Gilliam and Sheriff Jim Whalen, who arrived on-scene later in the day, said certain aspects of the crime scene lead them to believe the death is not a suicide and is being investigated as a homicide. They did not elaborate.