- Fire in park kills one
- FEATURE: Quiet casualties
- GET OUT: Jackson X-treme
- MUSIC BOX: Life from the looking glass
- THE BUZZ: The faces of Blair
- GUEST OPINION: Fueling the future
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Crafty comedienne
- FOODIE FILES: Lazy August drinking
- Democrats forward three to BCC
- MUSIC BOX: Honkytonk and Ferris wheels
Go On, Take the Money and … (Caught!)
AFTON, WYO – A man walks into a bank in Afton. He demands money. That’s as far as he thought it through.
Wyoming Highway Patrol, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department and the Afton Police Department were alerted by First National Bank in Afton late Monday that a man driving a red Toyota pickup truck had just robbed a teller’s drawer.
A state trooper made visual contact with the suspect’s vehicle within minutes. It was southbound on Highway 89. He pursued at a safe distance until backup could arrive.
Troopers pulled the suspect over on the summit of Salt River Pass, approximately 15 miles south of Afton. Donald A. Sample, 56, of Pocatello, was taken into custody without incident. Officers recovered the money believed stolen from the bank and other evidence. Sample is known to also use the alias Donald Sheriff.
Total time from job to jail: 20 minutes.