- FEATURE: The Path to Ruins, Burgeoning author Andrew Munz hunts down Jess Walter
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Dear writers: Dream big
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: Fur and loathing in the airport
- GET OUT: King keeps it simple and light
- CULTURE FRONT: New life in the lab
- MUSIC BOX: Go to Therapy with The New Mastersounds
- THIS WEEK: JANUARY 21-27
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Q: Am I an old soul or a new soul?
- Hooters rumor a bust
SINGLETRACK: Bike Fest, Pass Kicker on tap
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Labor Day Weekend will be upon us in just over a week. A week! Hard to believe. However, we still have another chance to celebrate this glorious season.
Teton Valley Trails and Pathways is putting on the amazingly stacked 2013 WYDAHO Rendezvous Mountain Bike Festival at Grand Targhee from Aug. 30 to Sept. 1. This year’s lineup looks stellar with daily group rides and bike clinics, free bike demos and chairlift rides, team trials bike performances, a Saturday night ride and the Sunday Super D downhill race.
Plus, one can enjoy great camping, movies, parties, raffles, live music, kids’ races and more. And if you aren’t up for biking that weekend, no worries! You can chill, hike, watch all the action, catch a chair to the top of Fred’s, eat some good food, take in the music and enjoy the last of summer.
It’s a great deal for the whole family and for a great cause. The proceeds are used to build and to maintain trails and pathways in Teton Valley. Let’s get our WYDAHO on!
Next Up: Teton Pass Kicker on Aug. 24. This a 25- or 50-mile mountain bike race on the Arrow, Snotel, Phillip’s Canyon and Ridge Trails.
Check out Jenson USA for a great deal on mountain bike & road bike products online.