- Jackson Hole, Inc.: Virtual Locality, Hundreds of companies headquarter in the Hole, but who are they?
- MUSIC BOX: Beam up to planet Moonalice
- CULTURE FRONT: Creative madness at Artlab Open Studios
- THE BUZZ: D.C. hears from Western youth, Model UN students invited to participate in Washington
- NATURAL MEDICINE: A natural approach to seasonal sneezes
- GET OUT: PPP solitary style
- COSMIC CAFE: Is the rumor true about what was discovered in the Budge Drive Landslide?
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: Week of April 1
- PROPS & DISSES
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The not-so-subtle insanity of fandom
Forest Fire! Red Top Meadows (Video enhanced)
Jackson Hole, WYO – Wildland firefighters are are battling a small fire just north of Red Top Meadows and south of the Butler Creek residential area. USFS crews have been searching for the cause of smoke in the area all afternoon. At about 4:15 p.m. Teton Interagency Helicopter 25 spotted the blaze just north of North Fork Fall Creek Road. The fire does not immediately threaten any homes but it is approximately less than one mile from the nearest residence in Red Top Meadows and a little more than a mile from the Butler Creek subdivision.
One helicopter is working the fire with a bucket, making drops and refilling at the pond on the property of the Red Top Meadows school/treatment center. The blaze is also being tended to by Forest Service Engine 441 and Teton County Brush 68. Bridger-Teton NF spokesperson Mary Cernicek confirmed the fire is burning in aspen and sagebrush. It is approximately one acre in size. The cause is not yet known.
Teton Emergency Management coordinator Rich Ochs is urging motorists to limit their use of South Fall Creek Road at this time.
UPDATE … Aerial assault ended around 5:45 p.m. Engines and tankers continue to cruise the neighborhood. Firefighters hit it hard and seemed to have knocked it down for now. The smoke plume is all but gone. We’ll see if tomorrow’s winds kick it up again.
[youtube id=”0QNvjJb41KE” width=”620″ height=”360″]