- FEATURE: BUZZ-TED
- GET OUT: Escaping the chilly for Chile
- MUSIC BOX: Dirty Birds late night at The Trap
- FEED ME: E.leaven does not go to 11
- PROPS & DISSES
- This Week’s PLANET Picks
- TONIGHT: SHREDx rips The Rose
- FEATURE STORY: www.PayUpWyo.com
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: 50 Shades of Grey: The drunken review
- GET OUT: Fish out of season
Search and Rescue has new coordinator
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Jessica King has been appointed to head the county’s search and rescue operation. King was a seven-year volunteer with Teton County Search and Rescue before being tapped by the Sheriff’s Office to step into the role of coordinator.
Undersheriff Robert Gilliam stated in a prepared release that the search for a new coordinator was extensive and consisted of a pool of TCSAR volunteers only. Outgoing coordinator Doug Meyer was terminated in mid-May for unknown “issues.” His resignation was later accepted by the TCSO. Meyer helped found the organization that celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
King grew up in Acton, Massachusetts. She has a Bachelor of Science degree from Tufts University and a Master of Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder; both in geology. The coordinator is the only paid position in TCSAR. She will begin her duties July 22.