- Craft spirit chemists
- HAVE A MINDFUL HOLIDAY
- The lives of librarians after hours
- PROPS & DISSES
- MUSIC BOX: Sneaky Pete & Secret Weapons debut album
- NATURAL MEDICINE WITH DR. MONIQUE: Methods to ward off SAD
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Ten servings of BestWurst
- THIS WEEK: DECEMBER 17-23
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: St. Blythe would soon be there
Search and Rescue has new coordinator
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – Jessica King has been appointed to head the county’s search and rescue operation. King was a seven-year volunteer with Teton County Search and Rescue before being tapped by the Sheriff’s Office to step into the role of coordinator.
Undersheriff Robert Gilliam stated in a prepared release that the search for a new coordinator was extensive and consisted of a pool of TCSAR volunteers only. Outgoing coordinator Doug Meyer was terminated in mid-May for unknown “issues.” His resignation was later accepted by the TCSO. Meyer helped found the organization that celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
King grew up in Acton, Massachusetts. She has a Bachelor of Science degree from Tufts University and a Master of Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder; both in geology. The coordinator is the only paid position in TCSAR. She will begin her duties July 22.