- THE FOODIE FILES: Centenarian secrets
- THE BUZZ: Teewinot claims two
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Island economics
- FEATURE: The Center of the Universe
- GUEST OPINION: Five times the feces?
- GET OUT: Ode to Delta
- MUSIC BOX: Euphoria meets Canyon
- THE BUZZ: The Faces of Blair
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Trumped up comedy
- MUSIC BOX: Heroes can’t stand still
THIS WEEK 5.15.13 – 5.21.13
JACKSON HOLE, WYO –
Share your footage
Do you have hours of videos but no idea what to do with it all? Byron Tomingas will walk participants through the editing process and how to get it to a DVD, YouTube, embed in web sites or sent to a phone.
Video Editing Class, 3 to 5 p.m., today at Teton County Library Computer Lab. Free. 733-2164; tclib.org.
Join the conservation community for a discussion on Wapiti Wilderness, a book written by both Olaus and Mardy Murie, telling stories of raising a family in Moose, Wyoming, in the 1940s, exploring the wilderness, wildlife sightings at The Murie Ranch and more.
Mardy Murie Conservation Book Club, 6:30 p.m., today at The Murie Ranch. Free. 739-2246; muriecenter.org.
The search for beer
Head down to The Brew Pub to enjoy some beer and honor 20 years of Search and Rescue in Teton County. $1 of every beer purchased from 5 to 11 p.m. will directly support TCSAR volunteers.
Teton County Search & Rescue Fundraiser, 5 p.m., Thursday at Snake River Brewing. Free. tetoncountysar.org.
Champagne like never before
Vinegar in champagne? Sounds terrible but believe it or not it can be delicious. Try this and many other champagne cocktails at this week’s Vom Fass mixer.
Champagne Cocktail Mixer, 6 p.m., Thursday at Vom Fass. $10. 734-1535; vomfassjacksonhole.com.
Opening at Tayloe
For nearly seven decades, Charles Gill has been approaching art as “a celebration of boredom.” Whether approaching the interiors of suburban homes or his color palettes on index cards, Charles remakes the mundane as progressive and profound.
Charles Gill opening reception, 5 to 8 p.m., Friday at Tayloe Piggott Gallery. Free. 733-0555; tayloepiggottgallery.com.
Randall filtered brews
Beer lovers unite this week at the newest brewery in Wyoming. The Q Roadhouse will have beers from around the region on tap featuring some of the best Randall filtered brews around.
Regional and Randall Craft Beer Night, 5 p.m., Friday at the Q Roadhouse. Free. 739-0700; roadhousebrewery.com.
From casino games to the Big Game Banquet to the world famous elk auction, Elkfest is back this Saturday with plenty of antlers and activities for all ages.
• 7 a.m.: Antler lots for B.S.A. Elk Antler Auction ready for viewing.
• 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Food Court provided by Jackson Youth Baseball.
• 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Private Antler Sale north of the Town.
• 8 a.m.-2 p.m.: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Great Elk Tour – The premier traveling conservation exhibit with some of the largest bull elk in the world.
• 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Kids’ Corner, including educational tables and games.
• 9 a.m.: Registration for Boy Scouts of America Antler Auction begins.
• 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m.: Free concert by Jackson Hole Community Band
• 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: ElkFest Gifts – Purchase your exclusive 2013 Elk Fest t-shirts and ball caps.
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: World Famous Jackson Hole Boy Scout Elk Antler Auction.
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Jackson B.S.A. Boy Scout and Cub Scout Expo.
• 5 p.m.: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Casino Games and Silent Auction begin at Bar J Chuckwagon.
• 7 pm: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Big Game Banquet Annual Fundraising Dinner at Bar J Chuckwagon.
College Bound Latinas
Directed and edited by Bonnie Kreps and Leigh Reagan, the half-hour film consists of short vignettes filmed by Latina teens in Jackson who are part of the College Bound Latinas project.
Voces Latinas de Wyoming, 5:30 p.m., Saturday at Center for the Arts. Free. 733-4900.
High noon showdown
Who makes the best chili in the valley? Come find out at the annual High Noon Chili Cook-off. Local chili aficionados are invited to show off their skill and enter the contest.
High Noon Chili Cook-off, noon to 3 p.m., Sunday on Town Square. $5. 201-2309; jacksonholechamber.com.
Join Cheryl Toland to stretch and tone your body while you learn the ancient and beautiful feminine art of belly dancing. Wear form-fitting workout clothing, bring a scarf for your hips, and check your inhibitions at the door.
Belly Dance Workshop, 6 p.m., Tuesday at Dancers’ Workshop. $20, four punches for $60. 733-6398; dwjh.org.