- Best of Jackson Hole 2015 Reader’s Choice Poll
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: EDITOR’S CHOICE
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: MEET SOME READERS’ CHOICE WINNERS
- WELL THAT HAPPENED: Dammit! Kimmy Schmidt is the New Liz Lemon
- FOODIE FEATURE: Your farm to shelf grocer
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Islanders banned from Cache Creek
- PROPS & DISSES
- NATURAL MEDICINE: Heal your brain with omega-3s
- MUSIC BOX: TV on the Radio: Imaginative as the name
RoboBroncs qualify for international competition
The high school robotics club secured a 13th-place finish out of 44 teams overall competing in the Utah Regional competition of FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).
The RoboBroncs’ creation, ‘Cowboy Joe,’ performed admirably in this year’s challenge – Ultimate Ascent – which required a robot shoot Frisbees through goals and climb a pyramid.
Most importantly, the team snagged the Regional Chairman’s Award. Coach Kathy Milburn said the designation is the competition’s most prestigious and sought-after award. RoboBronc captain Ashley Potzernitz was also honored as a Dean’s List Finalist.
Next up for Cowboy Joe and the team is a trip to St. Louis for the FIRST International Championship April 24-27. Milburn said the team will need to raise money for entry fees, hotel and airfare.
“You can help us reach our goal by donating by check made out to the ‘JHHS RoboBroncs.’ This can be given to a team member or send it to me at Teton County School District, PO Box 568, Jackson, WY 83001,” Milburn said.
You can also donate via credit card.
Congrats to the RoboBroncs. This almost makes up for their Harlem Shake video. Almost.