- Winter sched announced at CFA
- Yogis go rogue: New styles, studios give downward dog new meaning
- THIS WEEK: December 4 – 10, 2013
- MUSIC BOX: Music scene ramps up with ski season
- GET OUT: Beat the cold with hot yoga
- FEED ME!: Ascent Lounge: Love at first bite
- PUBLISHER’S NOTE: Don’t tread on my mobile
- HIGH ART: Belbruno brings cosmos to canvas
- MUSIC BOX: Wandering troubadour’s debut
- THIS WEEK: November 27 to December 3
RoboBroncs qualify for international competition
The high school robotics club secured a 13th-place finish out of 44 teams overall competing in the Utah Regional competition of FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).
The RoboBroncs’ creation, ‘Cowboy Joe,’ performed admirably in this year’s challenge – Ultimate Ascent – which required a robot shoot Frisbees through goals and climb a pyramid.
Most importantly, the team snagged the Regional Chairman’s Award. Coach Kathy Milburn said the designation is the competition’s most prestigious and sought-after award. RoboBronc captain Ashley Potzernitz was also honored as a Dean’s List Finalist.
Next up for Cowboy Joe and the team is a trip to St. Louis for the FIRST International Championship April 24-27. Milburn said the team will need to raise money for entry fees, hotel and airfare.
“You can help us reach our goal by donating by check made out to the ‘JHHS RoboBroncs.’ This can be given to a team member or send it to me at Teton County School District, PO Box 568, Jackson, WY 83001,” Milburn said.
You can also donate via credit card.
Congrats to the RoboBroncs. This almost makes up for their Harlem Shake video. Almost.