- FEATURE: Fish out of Water
- GUEST OPINION: Playing Safe
- MUSIC BOX: Potter Plunges into Pop
- GET OUT: Wimpy Triumph
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Of Clay We are Created
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Pilsner, Pickups and Potato Chips
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Trading the Hole for the Unknown
- FEATURE: Labor Pains
- MUSIX BOX: Wild for John Wayne’s World
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Stage Savoir-Faire
UW pulls trigger on new president
JH Weekly has learned that Robert J. Sternberg has been named the 24th president of the University of Wyoming.
Sternberg currently serves as provost and senior vice president at Oklahoma State University, a position the psychologist and scholar held since 2010 when he arrived from Tufts University where he was Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences (2005-2010).
Dr. Sternberg was offered a three-year contract believed to pay a base salary of $425,000 annually. Sternberg was the unanimous choice of the UW Board of Trustees. He accepted the position Tuesday afternoon. He will take office July 1, succeeding retiring President Tom Buchanan.