- Preserving Yellowstone
- CULTURE FRONT: Winter art season takes flight
- GET OUT: Desert dose before the snow
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Casualties of Ambition
- PROPS & DISSES
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Chisler 348 death causes outrage
- MUSIC BOX: Days of digital free ride may be over
- THIS WEEK: Nov. 19-25
- Models of Diplomacy
UW pulls trigger on new president
JH Weekly has learned that Robert J. Sternberg has been named the 24th president of the University of Wyoming.
Sternberg currently serves as provost and senior vice president at Oklahoma State University, a position the psychologist and scholar held since 2010 when he arrived from Tufts University where he was Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences (2005-2010).
Dr. Sternberg was offered a three-year contract believed to pay a base salary of $425,000 annually. Sternberg was the unanimous choice of the UW Board of Trustees. He accepted the position Tuesday afternoon. He will take office July 1, succeeding retiring President Tom Buchanan.