- Best of Jackson Hole 2015 Reader’s Choice Poll
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: EDITOR’S CHOICE
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: MEET SOME READERS’ CHOICE WINNERS
- WELL THAT HAPPENED: Dammit! Kimmy Schmidt is the New Liz Lemon
- FOODIE FEATURE: Your farm to shelf grocer
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Islanders banned from Cache Creek
- PROPS & DISSES
- NATURAL MEDICINE: Heal your brain with omega-3s
- MUSIC BOX: TV on the Radio: Imaginative as the name
eBuzz: Field is set for open council seat; a dozen want to finish Turley’s term
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The application deadline for the vacant seat on the town council has passed. Councilwoman Melissa Turley stepped down officially on January 2 to accept her post to the Board of County Commissioners.
Mayor Mark Barron – along with council members Bob Lenz, Hailey Morton, and Jim Stanford – will choose from among 12 applicants who submitted letters of interest for a spot on the council. The council will determine the next steps in the selection process at their Monday night meeting on January 7. Morton and Stanford will also be sworn in that evening.
The candidates are as follows:
Mayor Barron said, “I’m impressed with the quality of the applicants. They have varying experience and unique skill sets to offer. Regardless of who is eventually selected we’ll be in good shape to meet the needs of the people of Jackson.”