- TRANSIT UNLIMITED
- GET OUT: Signal Mountain has history, views, nachos
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The Golden Age of Women
- MUSIC BOX: Silver Dollar Bar shines with makeover
- FEED ME! The Pub still has it
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: WEEK OF MAY 21, 2015
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Do you know how the earthquakes in Nepal invisibly affect everyone on Earth?
- BUZZ: The Wort’s expansion comes full circle
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: A guide to driving your kids nuts
eBuzz: JHMR debuts new Casper lift, expanding terrain this weekend
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort cranked up the new Casper Lift this morning. A ribbon-cutting ceremony took place at 9:30 a.m. sending the first batch of ski patrollers to traverses just below Casper Bowl. The new quad chair was constructed over the summer, replacing its aging triple-chair predecessor.
JHMR is also planning to run the Bridger Gondola, Marmot and Thunder lifts this Saturday, with the aerial tram set to begin service on Sunday. Several storm pulses have allowed the resort to get a jump on its Rocky Mountain region competitors. JHMR is far ahead of last year’s pace as far as total snowfall (currently 107 inches and counting) and above historic norms as well.
JHMR also continued its dominance with Forbes Magazine, scoring a second consecutive No. 1 ranking as America’s best ski resort. Condé Nast Traveler readers’ poll pegged the Teton Village resort at No. 4.
JHMR also recently announced that Maryland rockers O.A.R. will headline their 8th annual Mountain Festival – the musical event that will officially close out the 2012-2013 ski season. The free show is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th, 2013.
Photo: Andy LaBonte
it’s a quad, not a triple.