- THE FOODIE FILES: Centenarian secrets
- THE BUZZ: Teewinot claims two
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Island economics
- FEATURE: The Center of the Universe
- GUEST OPINION: Five times the feces?
- GET OUT: Ode to Delta
- MUSIC BOX: Euphoria meets Canyon
- THE BUZZ: The Faces of Blair
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Trumped up comedy
- MUSIC BOX: Heroes can’t stand still
eBuzz: JHMR debuts new Casper lift, expanding terrain this weekend
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort cranked up the new Casper Lift this morning. A ribbon-cutting ceremony took place at 9:30 a.m. sending the first batch of ski patrollers to traverses just below Casper Bowl. The new quad chair was constructed over the summer, replacing its aging triple-chair predecessor.
JHMR is also planning to run the Bridger Gondola, Marmot and Thunder lifts this Saturday, with the aerial tram set to begin service on Sunday. Several storm pulses have allowed the resort to get a jump on its Rocky Mountain region competitors. JHMR is far ahead of last year’s pace as far as total snowfall (currently 107 inches and counting) and above historic norms as well.
JHMR also continued its dominance with Forbes Magazine, scoring a second consecutive No. 1 ranking as America’s best ski resort. Condé Nast Traveler readers’ poll pegged the Teton Village resort at No. 4.
JHMR also recently announced that Maryland rockers O.A.R. will headline their 8th annual Mountain Festival – the musical event that will officially close out the 2012-2013 ski season. The free show is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th, 2013.
Photo: Andy LaBonte
it’s a quad, not a triple.