- Primary election results
- Snapped in JH: Power of Place awarded to Manuel Lopez
- School bombshell – Carney surrenders chair, possibly board position
- FEED ME: Finally, Rose food matches drinks
- MUSIC BOX: Shorty, swagger and a celebration of life
- Commissioner candidates galore
- New era for House District 23
- Tough towners
- Primary concern – Introducing the primary election voter guide
- VP Joe Biden unwinds in the Tetons
eBuzz: JHMR debuts new Casper lift, expanding terrain this weekend
JACKSON HOLE, WYO – The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort cranked up the new Casper Lift this morning. A ribbon-cutting ceremony took place at 9:30 a.m. sending the first batch of ski patrollers to traverses just below Casper Bowl. The new quad chair was constructed over the summer, replacing its aging triple-chair predecessor.
JHMR is also planning to run the Bridger Gondola, Marmot and Thunder lifts this Saturday, with the aerial tram set to begin service on Sunday. Several storm pulses have allowed the resort to get a jump on its Rocky Mountain region competitors. JHMR is far ahead of last year’s pace as far as total snowfall (currently 107 inches and counting) and above historic norms as well.
JHMR also continued its dominance with Forbes Magazine, scoring a second consecutive No. 1 ranking as America’s best ski resort. Condé Nast Traveler readers’ poll pegged the Teton Village resort at No. 4.
JHMR also recently announced that Maryland rockers O.A.R. will headline their 8th annual Mountain Festival – the musical event that will officially close out the 2012-2013 ski season. The free show is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th, 2013.
Photo: Andy LaBonte
it’s a quad, not a triple.