- GET OUT: Picnic pleasures
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Dogs over democracy?
- THE BUZZ: Homestead Act II
- FEATURE: Craighead’s Water World
- THE BUZZ: The Beautiful struggle
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Time and spaces
- MUSIC BOX: Finest tunes
- THE FOODIE FILES: Centenarian secrets
- THE BUZZ: Teewinot claims two
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Island economics
Jackson Hole High School Orchestra Winter Concert
The Jackson Hole High School Orchestra performed a winter concert at the High School on Thursday night. The orchestra looked good and sounded o.k.. The cello choir was pretty rockin’. What’s with all the good cello players in this orchestra? Don’t they know that cello is lame. Morose, oversized compared to a violin, puny compared to a double bass. I guess cello is the new violin.
I’m writing these comments based on only a brief sample of the concert. I was there, but I wasn’t conscious for much of the performance. I charmingly drifted off in my seat in the 15th row, and woke up when it was over. Classy.