- TRANSIT UNLIMITED
- GET OUT: Signal Mountain has history, views, nachos
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: The Golden Age of Women
- MUSIC BOX: Silver Dollar Bar shines with makeover
- FEED ME! The Pub still has it
- FREE WILL ASTROLOGY: WEEK OF MAY 21, 2015
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Do you know how the earthquakes in Nepal invisibly affect everyone on Earth?
- BUZZ: The Wort’s expansion comes full circle
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: A guide to driving your kids nuts
Powder Puff is a Bore
The Powder Puff football game sounds like a good idea, but in reality is quite a bore. The game took place on 10/5/11. I dropped in for about 20 minutes to see what was up. I imagine that the girls got a kick out of preparing for the game, planning what socks they were going to wear and how they were going to do their hair. Some of the kids were good athletes. The problem is that football is a complicated game that is difficult to play. Watching people play it who don’t understand it or love it is quite drab, and I’m not sure it was a whole lot of fun for the Powder Puffs. I would have much preferred to watch them play a game that they really new how to play. Maybe soccer. Also, the apropos, but still disturbing guys in drag half time show was embarrassing. It seems some guys will take any opportunity to dress in drag. Let’s get together as a community and limit those opportunities – Please. This means you, too, Kiwanis.