Pro-Israel Demonstration Looks a Little Lonely

By on May 23, 2011

rps20110523_2111463

Three lonesome demonstrators showed their support for Israel on Monday on the northwest corner of Broadway and Buffalo Way.  I dropped by to show some support and to chat for a while.  Though I’m a big fan of Israel I’m not a Kool-Aid drinker.  I realize that the Palestinians have a beef, and that there needs to be accommodation on both sides, but I admire Israel’s scrappy courage in the face of threats from psychotically hostile neighbors and the hypocritical condemnation of the majority of U.N. states.

rps20110523_2113061

The gang of three on the corner professed their love of Israel, and also their concern about the growing influence of Islamic extremists.  They expressed support for Israel not just, because it’s our closest Middle Eastern ally and a democracy, but also for religious reasons.  I get a little queazy when it comes to the Rapture stuff, because I’m sure that I’m going to get left behind, but the protesters assured me that I will get a chance to chat with Jesus and sort things out before the bus leaves the station, so I’m cool with that.

– Judd Grossman

About Judd Grossman

Judd Grossman is a long time resident of Jackson, co-owner of Planet Jackson Hole, Inc. and owner of Judd Grossman Entertainment, Inc.

6 Comments

1. jake

May 24, 2011 at 8:05 am

Genesis 12:1-3
    Those Who Bless Israel Will Be Blessed, and Those Who Curse Israel Will Be Cursed.

2. eyeson jackson

June 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Israel is a leach on the American taxpayers. If they are our friends, they can be our friend without the handout. Additionally, since the nation of Israel was “founded”, history has proven that they thrive on conflict and have no real interest in peace. They value land over lives. Politics needs an enemy and Israel is all too happy to find one around every corner. They, and all the other players in the Middle East, deserve each other. Obama should go after Israel just as Jimmy Carter did. Israel is a sham.

3. eyeson jackson

June 5, 2011 at 6:02 pm

June 5tgh, 2011: “””Israeli troops have opened fire on pro-Palestinian demonstrators who allegedly tried to cross the fence separating Syria from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. Syrian state media report at least 20 people were killed. Among those reported killed were a woman and child. The incident was part of a wave of Palestinian demonstrations marking the 44th anniversary of the 1967 Arab-Israeli war…””” Reminds me of Kent State. Isreal doesn’t care who it kills.

4. eyeson jackson

June 5, 2011 at 8:59 pm

What would the world think if we shot illegal immigrants coming across our border? Israel could have used non-lethal methods and CHOOSE not to.

5. eyeson jackson

July 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm

The United Nations sharply criticized Israel for using live ammunition in May against Palestinian protesters who tried to scale an Israeli security fence on the Lebanese border

6. not_sure

August 30, 2011 at 3:26 am

The Palis are nothing but a bunch of corrupt, professional liars and whiners at best. If it weren’t for israel, they’d all starve to death because the only thing they’re good at is shaking people down for freebies and blowing themselves up. Oh, and I forgot, they’re good at being useful tools for Arab dictators to point at as a diversion. And I’m not holding my breath to get raptured either. Having watched those losers for 35 years, I know a pack of useless and dangerous leeches when I see one.