- Best of Jackson Hole 2015 Reader’s Choice Poll
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: EDITOR’S CHOICE
- BEST OF JACKSON HOLE 2015: MEET SOME READERS’ CHOICE WINNERS
- WELL THAT HAPPENED: Dammit! Kimmy Schmidt is the New Liz Lemon
- FOODIE FEATURE: Your farm to shelf grocer
- THEM ON US
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Hog Islanders banned from Cache Creek
- PROPS & DISSES
- NATURAL MEDICINE: Heal your brain with omega-3s
- MUSIC BOX: TV on the Radio: Imaginative as the name
Pro-Israel Demonstration Looks a Little Lonely
Three lonesome demonstrators showed their support for Israel on Monday on the northwest corner of Broadway and Buffalo Way. I dropped by to show some support and to chat for a while. Though I’m a big fan of Israel I’m not a Kool-Aid drinker. I realize that the Palestinians have a beef, and that there needs to be accommodation on both sides, but I admire Israel’s scrappy courage in the face of threats from psychotically hostile neighbors and the hypocritical condemnation of the majority of U.N. states.
The gang of three on the corner professed their love of Israel, and also their concern about the growing influence of Islamic extremists. They expressed support for Israel not just, because it’s our closest Middle Eastern ally and a democracy, but also for religious reasons. I get a little queazy when it comes to the Rapture stuff, because I’m sure that I’m going to get left behind, but the protesters assured me that I will get a chance to chat with Jesus and sort things out before the bus leaves the station, so I’m cool with that.
– Judd Grossman