- FEATURE: Fish out of Water
- GUEST OPINION: Playing Safe
- MUSIC BOX: Potter Plunges into Pop
- GET OUT: Wimpy Triumph
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Of Clay We are Created
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Pilsner, Pickups and Potato Chips
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Trading the Hole for the Unknown
- FEATURE: Labor Pains
- MUSIX BOX: Wild for John Wayne’s World
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Stage Savoir-Faire
Give us your Props and Wishes for 2011
I published some of my prop wishes for Wyoming and Jackson in the New Year in our Newsmaker issue this week http://planetjh.com/news/A_106896.aspx. Among other things, I’d like to see lodging tax revenue used to promote a Jackson...
- Posted December 29, 2010
The Buzz: No final agreement
Jackson Hole, Wyo.-On Dec. 10, a document mysteriously appeared on my desk at JH Weekly. The cover read “USDA Draft Environmental Impact Statement: Eagle Prospect and Noble Basin Master Development Plan Project.” Having just written a cover...
- Posted December 10, 2010
Not your average tree huggers
Jackson Hole, Wyo.-Light glints off Daniel Smitherman Jr.’s spectacles as he bows his head. After a moment’s reflection, he says, “The sense of peace I get when I am in the Noble Basin is tremendous. I always...
- Posted December 8, 2010
Debris of Society
Jackson Hole, Wyo.-On a bitterly cold morning, traveling on hard-packed, snow-covered roads, I drove south down Fall Creek to visit artist Suzanne Morlock at her home studio in Wilson, to discuss the eventful year that now sees...
- Posted December 1, 2010