- PULSE ON POLITICS
- OPINION: Not all desire an Equality State
- MUSIC BOX: Spooner brings Fireflies, keys
- GET OUT: A last hurrah before the frost
- CULTURE FRONT: As important as hospitals and highways
- CD REVIEW: Shelley & Kelly, Retroactive
- More than just Pretty Faces
- THIS WEEK: OCT. 15 – 21
- DEAR ROCKY LOVE: Prepare for casual sex
- PROPS & DISSES
Gov. Freudenthal: I’m outta here
Jackson Hole, WYO– Gov. Dave Freudenthal announced today he would not seek a third term in office, ending speculation that the governor might challenge the state’s term limit laws and challenge one of the emerging Republican candidates.
No Democrats have announced a bid for the governor’s office, but several Republicans have, including Matt Mead, originally of Teton County.
A conservative Democrat who was able to win the support of this heavily Republican state, Freudenthal has been praised by politicians on both sides.
“Our state has excelled under his leadership,” Sen. John Barrasso said Thursday in a statement. JHW