- MUSIC BOX: Crescent City Funk Party
- THE BUZZ: Lodging Flip-Flop
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Plotting Greatness
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: Summer Visitors
- THEM ON US 6.29.16
- FEATURE: How the West Was One
- Editor’s Note: Xenophobes Need Not Apply
- THE BUZZ: Tenement Tenting
- MUSIC BOX: Wyoming Songwriters Highjacked
- GET OUT: Icy Heat
Gov. Freudenthal: I’m outta here
Jackson Hole, WYO– Gov. Dave Freudenthal announced today he would not seek a third term in office, ending speculation that the governor might challenge the state’s term limit laws and challenge one of the emerging Republican candidates.
No Democrats have announced a bid for the governor’s office, but several Republicans have, including Matt Mead, originally of Teton County.
A conservative Democrat who was able to win the support of this heavily Republican state, Freudenthal has been praised by politicians on both sides.
“Our state has excelled under his leadership,” Sen. John Barrasso said Thursday in a statement. JHW