- FEATURE: Fish out of Water
- GUEST OPINION: Playing Safe
- MUSIC BOX: Potter Plunges into Pop
- GET OUT: Wimpy Triumph
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Of Clay We are Created
- REDNECK PERSPECTIVE: Pilsner, Pickups and Potato Chips
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Trading the Hole for the Unknown
- FEATURE: Labor Pains
- MUSIX BOX: Wild for John Wayne’s World
- CREATIVE PEAKS: Stage Savoir-Faire
Gov. Freudenthal: I’m outta here
Jackson Hole, WYO– Gov. Dave Freudenthal announced today he would not seek a third term in office, ending speculation that the governor might challenge the state’s term limit laws and challenge one of the emerging Republican candidates.
No Democrats have announced a bid for the governor’s office, but several Republicans have, including Matt Mead, originally of Teton County.
A conservative Democrat who was able to win the support of this heavily Republican state, Freudenthal has been praised by politicians on both sides.
“Our state has excelled under his leadership,” Sen. John Barrasso said Thursday in a statement. JHW