- FEATURE: The Path to Ruins, Burgeoning author Andrew Munz hunts down Jess Walter
- WELL, THAT HAPPENED: Dear writers: Dream big
- GALLOPIN’ GRANDMA: Fur and loathing in the airport
- GET OUT: King keeps it simple and light
- CULTURE FRONT: New life in the lab
- MUSIC BOX: Go to Therapy with The New Mastersounds
- THIS WEEK: JANUARY 21-27
- PROPS & DISSES
- COSMIC CAFE: Q: Am I an old soul or a new soul?
- Hooters rumor a bust
Gov. Freudenthal: I’m outta here
Jackson Hole, WYO– Gov. Dave Freudenthal announced today he would not seek a third term in office, ending speculation that the governor might challenge the state’s term limit laws and challenge one of the emerging Republican candidates.
No Democrats have announced a bid for the governor’s office, but several Republicans have, including Matt Mead, originally of Teton County.
A conservative Democrat who was able to win the support of this heavily Republican state, Freudenthal has been praised by politicians on both sides.
“Our state has excelled under his leadership,” Sen. John Barrasso said Thursday in a statement. JHW